Directions for Best Use: Get the most “life” out of your candles by following these easy tips.
- Before each burn, trim wick to 5 mm. This promotes an even burn, steady flame and reduces sooting & mushrooming of the wick.
- When lighting for the first time, burn until wax melts across the entire surface to the sides of jar. (This may take up to 2-4 hours) This creates an even burn for the duration of the candle’s life.
- Keep wicks centred, standing upright and trimmed to prevent soot from forming on the glass.
- If soot does form on the inside of your jar, extinguish candle, wait for it to cool, then wipe with a clean damp cloth. Trim wick and relight.
- Burn away from draughts. Draughts decrease overall burn time, cause uneven burning, smoking and diminished scent throw.
- Extinguish candle with a snuffer. This prevents smoking and hot wax from splattering. If you do blow it out, do so very gently. Then straighten wick & ensure wick is centre of jar.
- Extinguish your candle if it smokes, flickers, or the flame becomes too high. These signs indicate the candle is not burning properly and the flame isn't controlled. Let the candle cool, trim the wick, then check for drafts before re-lighting. Best burning means flame is not flickering, is teardrop shaped and standing centred & upright.
- Always read and follow the safety instructions carefully.