We believe that raising awareness is the first step toward making more informed decisions, that can make a difference & create a healthier world. Every shift, no matter how big or small, can make the world of difference.
We’re making it our mission to raise awareness about plastic pollution, the importance of keeping plastic out of the ocean & to help clean up our local beaches, so we can help create a healthier world for tomorrow.
On Wednesday 21 stApril, our team headed to our local beach, Greenhills, to collect discarded rubbish from our beautiful shoreline. Within 1km of beach our team collected 13 bags filled with plastic, discarded fishing line & even unwanted clothing.
For change to happen, we must have local action. If everyone commits to #Take3ForTheSea it can make a world of difference.
How you can help make a difference for our precious planet:
- Shop Responsibly – Do not use plastic bags and instead take reusable shopping bags with you to the stores. Only buy products that aren’t wrapped in single-use plastic, including fruit & vegetables. Buy toilet paper that isn’t wrapped in single-use plastic.
- Upcycle & Repurpose- Before throwing something away see if it’s possible to reuse it. Small cans and jars, for example, can be great for sprouting fresh herbs & succulents.
- Choose Sustainable – Support brands that are working to improve their operations to be as kind as possible to our precious planet.
- Recycle – Recover all paper, cardboard, plastic bottles and containers, glass bottles and jars, aluminum cans and foil and steel tins. Make a conscious effort to separate your recyclables and waste and place them in the correct bins.
- Donate Unused Items – If you don’t wear a piece of clothing anymore, or don’t use a product as often as you used to, donate these to your local charity shop so the item is given a second life, to help reduce waste.
- Compost food scraps - These can be used on your garden as fertiliser.
- Take 3 For The Sea – When you are out & see rubbish, pick it up & put it in the bin, so it doesn’t end up in our precious ocean.
- Volunteer – get involved with your community to help clean up your local area & help raise awareness. You will meet some amazing people!
Conscious choices made today make all the difference in creating a healthier world for tomorrow.
To learn more about how you can get involved & do your part to look after our precious planet, here are some fantastic resources we’d love to share with you.