Why choose an Urban Rituelle Candle?
Customer safety is our utmost priority
Urban Rituelle is committed to making our candles the safest and most efficient candles on the market. Our Scented Soy Candles are proudly manufactured in our Sydney warehouse using the very latest in premium glassware, wax & wicks. We are dedicated to continuously researching advanced candle manufacturing technology to deliver candles of unparalleled quality, safety and exceptional longevity.
Choice of Wick –
The wick is undoubtedly the single most important component in making a safe and clean burning candle, which is why we use only the highest quality wick available. Urban Rituelle has committed over 1000 hours of candle testing to ensure we have chosen the perfect wick for each of our candles. The choice of the proper wick for a particular candle’s composition will determine the success of the burn pool and ultimately, the customer’s satisfaction & safety.
- Wick size: Urban Rituelle continuously tests & retests wick size for our candles. The perfect wick will ensure that the flame is neither too big nor too small. Too large a wick will result in “sooting.” Too small a wick will either cause the wick to drown in its wax pool or create “tunneling” and a reduction of burn time.
- Quality Natural Cotton Braid: Urban Rituelle wicks are made from natural cotton fibre, which is the safest, cleanest burning wick fibre available.
- High Melt Coating: Urban Rituelle wicks have a specialised coating to ensure they remain upright even if burnt for long periods of time. This is an important safety feature of Urban Rituelle candles and also gives you the very best burn possible.
- Self Extinguishing Wicks: Urban Rituelle wicks have extra safety features that ensure the wick will self-extinguish 6mm from the bottom of the jar. This prevents the flame burning down to the base of the jar & avoids any possible cracking or breakage of the jar.
- Self-Trimming Wicks: We have sourced the very latest in wick technology with our new self-trimming wicks. This feature keeps the flame at optimum size for best burn, candle longevity & your safety.
Urban Rituelle prides itself on delivering the highest quality products with superior customer service. We welcome your feedback, questions or comments about any of our products.
Your safety is important to us. Please read the safety instructions carefully before enjoying your Urban Rituelle candle.
- Never burn your candle unattended. Extinguish all candles when leaving the room or going to sleep.
- Do not burn your candle near flammable materials or flammable liquids. Eg curtains.
- Burn candle on a flat, sturdy, heat & fire safe surface.
- Keep out of reach of children & pets.
- Burn away from draughts to prevent smoking.
- Do not touch or move candle whilst burning; extinguish and allow to cool first.
- Keep wax free of any debris.
- Do not burn for longer than 4-5 hours. Extensive burning times can lead to smoking, sooting, or overheating.
- Never allow the candle flame to come in contact with the side of the glass. Keep wick centred & away from edge.
- Do not use if glass jar is damaged or broken.
- Discard candle once wax has burned down to 6mm from base of glass.
Directions for Best Use: Get the most “life” out of your candles by following these easy tips.
- Before each burn, trim wick to 5 mm. This promotes an even burn, steady flame and reduces sooting & mushrooming of the wick.
- When lighting for the first time, burn until wax melts across the entire surface to the sides of jar. (This may take up to 2-4 hours) This creates an even burn for the duration of the candle’s life.
- Keep wicks centred, standing upright and trimmed to prevent soot from forming on the glass.
- If soot does form on the inside of your jar, extinguish candle, wait for it to cool, then wipe with a clean damp cloth. Trim wick and relight.
- Burn away from draughts. Draughts decrease overall burn time, cause uneven burning, smoking and diminished scent throw.
- Extinguish candle with a snuffer. This prevents smoking and hot wax from splattering. If you do blow it out, do so very gently. Then straighten wick & ensure wick is centre of jar.
- Extinguish your candle if it smokes, flickers, or the flame becomes too high. These signs indicate the candle is not burning properly and the flame isn't controlled. Let the candle cool, trim the wick, then check for drafts before re-lighting. Best burning means flame is not flickering, is teardrop shaped and standing centred & upright.
- Always read and follow the safety instructions carefully.
Please note: Burn times will vary depending on the environmental conditions.